I wake up slowly; my long, almost ebony black lashes are brushing my cheeks as I look around me, on the familiar things in my room: maybe it was all a dream?
Surely it had to be one.
The maze, that was built up around me by the Abrasax siblings was almost unthinkable; with me being just a prey in their dark little games.
I hastily look on a small blue mark on my hand, that is sparkling like a diamond and gaze at it with surprise: oh no.
It was not just a dream.
Not just a dream, huh? It was like a whole male chorus of Los Angeles was singing Hallelujah in my head in that second: Caine was not a dream.
I try to shake off those negative thoughts as I remember the taste of his lips and his body against mine- the day, when he came after me to Balem Abrasax. The moment, which I wanted to freeze forever; even if we were in the centre of war- nothing else mattered anyomre. He came for me.
It could have been so- that everything wasn’t a dream- and my darling angel-man was.
Quickly, I dress up and briskly run down the stairs, to the kitchen- to reassure myself, that mom was okay and everybody was fine in my family. It was a reocurring thought of mine- that something could have happened with them, because of me. Owning the Earth. Being a Queen.
Pathetic.-I hear a voice of my own sense laughing at me- you are not a Queen. You are Jupiter Jones.
Or maybe ... Jupiter Wise?
I smile and touch the knob of the door lightly, before entering our kitchen. Everything is still and motionless; I clearly see the sunbeams radiating all over the place and suddenly stop, after taking one step forward- I am not alone.
There was a man, sitting on the chair with 2 cups of something before him, that looked like tea; his pair of huge wings made of dark feathers with an antique gold shine- is right on his back- just like in those days of his duty in the Legion.
- I thought you would like to drink something in the morning, Your Majesty.- he says, emphasizing the last two words slightly- with that irresistable smile on his face.
He knows it pretty fine, that handsome young wolf-man, what an effect he has on me.
- How did you come in?- I ask while coming a bit closer- almost afraid thatin the next second he will become just another ghost from my dreams- and where is everybody?
- I don’t need a key to get into your house, Your Majesty- he says while dusting off something from his black leather jacket, that fits him perfectly and I stare at him, trying to remember every little detail of his face.
- Call me Jupiter, Caine.- I say with my voice slightly shaking- because I feel his presence so sharply.
- As you wish, Your Majesty.- he says, unfolding his arms with another smile but I shake my head. When will he ever get used to it? That he is more to me, than just my equal?
- You are my whole world now- I say and he holds out his hands, so that I could sit in his lap; and as I do so, I feel that this is that place, which was destined for me. With him; forever.
- And you are my whole universe.- he says before pausing a bit- Jupiter...
He cups my chin in his hand and then gives me a long, gentle kiss; I instinctively slide my hands on his shoulders and feel his muscles underneath.
- I can’t even imagine a better start to my day- I whisper while I look deep into his bright, gleaming eyes.
A shiver comes down my spine as I feel, how his huge wings wrap me in; his firm grasp on my waist becomes stronger- as if he was afraid that I will run away in another direction.
But that was quite impossible.
Even the slightest thought of it.
In that very moment I know it clearly, I will never be able to resist him.